Wednesday, October 20, 2010

20102010

20/10/2010

It’s 20102010!!!!!!!! I just realized this as I wrote down the date for this. I feel awesome because it can’t be 20102010 in the States! I’ve had a fairly eventful week; we went to St. Petersburg, which was great!

St. Petersburg was formerly known as Leningrad, so I listened to Leningrad by Billy Joel about 50 times in a three day period. It’s one of those rare occasions you get to do something like that. I’ve listened to Moskau by Rammstein about 100 times now. I’ve got to rent Room 429 and listen to Room 429 by Strapping Young Lad at least 42 times to keep being so unbelievably cool! Anyway I like St. Petersburg more than Moscow, I think. It was more orderly. People weren’t parking everywhere, the driving wasn’t as insane, the people were nicer, and it was overall an awesome city.

We went to two Museums while there, one was the Hermitage, the other was Peterhof. The Hermitage was unbelievably cool. Unfortunately my camera was dead, but I’ll steal some pictures from the other people. I saw paintings by Renault, Picasso, Da Vinci, and many more. One of the cooler parts was the armor room. They had armor from all over Europe on display and it was wicked! The part on India was surprising, mostly because of the weapons. They had long blades attached to gauntlets, katanas, and a bunch of other crazy stuff. My favorite section by far was the Ancient Greek and Roman busts. Seeing the depictions of Dionysus, Pericles, Perseus, and all of the Greek and Roman gods was so unbelievable. The biggest letdown was that the bust of Socrates was gone. That was a slap to the face.

Peterhof was something else all together. We walked around outside first, and in the back there’s a huge fountain with statues of all of the gods. It was easily the coolest fountain I’ve seen. Unfortunately they had it turned off for the year. The statues alone were worth seeing. We walked to the end of it where a dock is. You can see the coast of Finland from there. I felt so close to Logan! We stopped to feed some squirrels, one jumped on Jordan’s backpack and he freaked out. Nothing I haven’t done before though. The inside is nuts. So much gold! My favorite room was the library, of course. Some of the books they have in there (assuming they’re not replicas) must be hundreds of years old, and worth some money.

The biggest difference I noticed there was when we smiled at the girls, they smiled back. Maybe that’s why I like it better, who knows? I’ve got my huge trip coming up, and I’m psyched for that. I’m almost through The West Wing. I found that my Zune can hav .avi’s on it now, great success! Once I’m through with that I don’t know what I’ll do. Well, this is the end, da svidenya!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=93499&id=1367655137 pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment