Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Boring post.

13/12/10

They warned us that about halfway through we’d get kind of sick of the country we’re in. I’m getting to that phase, but not entirely yet. I just miss a lot of things I took for granted back home. Like a house, a car, people with a sense of personal hygiene, and an actual bed. Bah, enough complaining. Some stuff happened, not exciting stuff, but stuff.

I bought a coat. A Russian coat is super hot. It’s one of those poofy coats, but I really like it. It got cold today. Unfortunately I won’t be here for the -40 degree stuff. I was looking forward to it too. We got actual snow today too. It was just small flakes fluttering in the wind. I was still excited.

Teaching is boring. We all have it down to a system. I filled out 4 lesson plans on Sunday; I don’t do anything on Sundays, just sit at the apartment and watch The West Wing. Two of my students have dropped, it has made class easier. I have one girl that’s not willing to do anything. She always speaks in Russian, which is against the rules. She’s the typical rebellious teenage girl. She pisses me off.

I’m going to St. Petersburg on Friday. That should be fun. I’ll be listening to Leningrad while I’m there to feel awesome. Boring update, but I feel obligated to post at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment