Wednesday, September 29, 2010

28 days later

29/09/10

Well this ends the week four of my escapade in Russia. It’s pretty much a pattern now, wake up at 8, do whatever until about 1:20, take the metro to the school for lunch, do whatever until 3:30 then head back to the school, teach until 7:30, head back the “the butt of Russia,” as one person called the area I live in (Strogino, and he used more colorful language). With Kyrill gone class goes pretty smoothly. Still have room for improvement though, you can always improve.

This time around my distraction is The West Wing. I’ve been through the first season and am almost done with the second. It’s intense and I love it! I’ve read about 7 books while I’ve been here, The Way of Kings, 2-3 Star Wars books, The Desert Spear, The Painted Man, and The Hitchhiker’s guide to the Galaxy. The last one cracked me up, a definite read for anyone who enjoys humor and sci-fi.

This past week I’ve been dead. I’m so tired most of the time, it’s pretty bad. I’ll get over it though, nothing to worry about. It’s my fault, staying up too late playing Minecraft and watching The West Wing. I’ve been trying to keep up on U.S. and Russian politics, and that’s super fun! The mayor of Moscow just got fired, I think it was for giving his wife’s businesses preferences on bids and locations and such.

I’m super jealous of anyone who is going to the Rally to Restore Sanity or the March to keep Fear Alive. I reallllllllllllllly really really want to go. You can’t understand how badly I want to go. This is another short one, I’ve got to get back to Minecraft and The West Wing, so I’ll leave you with that! Oh and I’ll be in Ukraine this weekend, feel free to be jealous.


PS: I'll also be doing a '28 Weeks Later' post to review my re-assimilation into American Society!

No comments:

Post a Comment