Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Meh

22/09/2010

There are good weeks, and there are bad weeks. This past week is mediocre. For the majority of the week it was nice and sunny, and then it started getting cloudy and rainy. Today I found out there are holes in the bottom of my shoes, or something, and my feet have been wet all day. My water bottle was stolen as well. The good news is that the most ADD kid in my class, Kyrill, dropped out of the program. I feel bad for the kid, but he was the biggest problem in my class. Now it’s smooth sailing.

In Russia when you retire the government gives you a small pension, and every 2-3 years a full paid vacation to a spa or something cool. My babushka is going away for 3 weeks in November, so I’ll have the apartment to myself. They’ll give me money for food, or Gulya and her husband will bring me food. I’m really psyched. It’s nice that she goes away most weekends too. I feel independent!

We learned more Russian superstition today, they really are crazy. If you drop a fork or a spoon a woman is coming to visit you soon, and if you drop a knife it means a man is. I dropped a fork today, so I’m hoping that a pretty lady is coming to visit me soon! The other really crazy one is that the dreams you have on Thursday or Friday are supposed to be premonitions of the future. If so I’ve seen the end of the world a few times, and crazy images of home.

I usually try to find something funny about Russia for my last little bit. I haven’t found anything too funny this week, so I bid you farewell! Oh, this is the end of week three in Russia.

1 comment: